Help for Homeless, IN Crisis Youth and families
Ojai Unified School District has resources and a commitment to help. We need to know who are our homeless children and youth, so we can assess their need and make sure they get the appropriate help.
If you or a family member is faced with:
- Staying temporarily with relatives or friends
- Staying at campgrounds or in their car due to a lack of alternative adequate accommodations
- Living in motels
- Living with another family temporarily
- Moved several times in a year
- Living in emergency or transitional shelters
- Awaiting foster care placement
Please contact Martha Ditchfield, OUSD Homeless Liaison, at (805)640-4300 x 1911.
Ventura County Organizations Supporting Youth in Crisis
Interface Children and Family Services provides free services for youth in Ventura County, including food, hygiene products, and clothing, counseling, crisis intervention, and a shelter for youth 12-17 years old. The organizations also provides a 24-hour youth crisis hotline at 1-800-636-6738. Please visit their website here or call Vicent Leanosat, Housing Support Specialist, at (805)485-6114 x 423