Common Core State Standards
Now available in Spanish!
Eight parent brochures on the standards for mathematics and English language arts
A parent brochure for the California English Language Development Standards (CA ELD Standards)
Download the brochures from the Sacramento County Office of Education Web page at
The eight brochures for mathematics and English language arts standards are organized by grade spans: K–2, 3–5, 6–8, and 9–12. They provide:
- Insights into what students will be learning
- Suggestions for parents/guardians to support students’ learning
- A list of helpful resources
The new brochure on the ELD Standards:
- Helps parents understand how the standards support English learners
- Focuses on essential English language skills for students in kindergarten through grade twelve
- Describes the progression of learning as English learners become fluent in English.
When at the above page, look for the State Resources box. All of the brochures are in one section. For the best visual presentation, the brochures are designed to be printed two-sided (flipped on the short edge) and then folded into thirds.
The translated brochures are a collaborative effort among the CDE’s Clearinghouse for Multilingual Documents (CMD), the CDE’s Curriculum Frameworks and Instructional Resources Division, and the Sacramento County Office of Education.
Questions about the brochures should be directed to Deborah Franklin, Education Programs Consultant, California Department of Education, (916) 319-0442, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions regarding the CMD should be directed to Rod Atkinson, Education Programs Consultant,