Honor Society Application click HERE
Honor Society Criteria:
Students selected shall show outstanding performance in the areas of scholarship, service, leadership, and character.
- Continuing students: students remain members as long as they continue to maintain the required GPA and citizenship points.
- Seventh graders and new students: will be eligible to for membership in the Matilija Junior High Honor Society after one full trimester of attendance.
Available in the office or on the school website. Applications available after the first trimester grades are posted.
Requirements for membership:
- Student must attend Matilija Junior High as a full-time student and attend for at least one full trimester
- Semester GPA of 3.66 or higher is required. (citizenship grade is not part of GPA)
- Citizenship grade must be an A- (97 points) or higher
- Two teacher recommendations-signatures required
What do we do?
New members are inducted with a special ceremony that includes family and friends. In the past, we have attended the “I’m Going to College” program with a football game at UCLA, and a leadership conference at Universal Studios. Activities and meetings will be determined by the executive council and the members.
Mrs. Farrant and Ms. Isreal