Dear Matilija Parent/Guardian:
California state law requires that HIV/AIDS prevention education is taught in middle school and in high school.
HIV/AIDS prevention instruction includes:
- Information on HIV/AIDS and how it affects the body.
- How HIV is and is not spread.
- Discussion of ways to lower the risk of HIV, including:
- Sexual abstinence and the latest medical information on ways to prevent sexually transmitted infections.
- Discussion of the public health issues related to HIV/AIDS including STDs (sexually transmitted diseases).
- Places for HIV testing and medical care.
- Making good decisions and staying away from risky activities.
- Discussion about society’s views on HIV/AIDS, and people with HIV/AIDS.
This unit will be taught from Dec.12-Dec 16, 2016.
Students received a letter from their science teacher last week to have you sign that you were notified.
Brenda Farrant & Amber Morarrez
Science Department Chairperson
Honor Society Advisor
Matilija Junior High School