Message from the Principal
August 22, 2018
Dear Meiners Oaks Families,
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year!
I am so excited to begin another year at this wonderful school! Meiners Oaks is a place where children are encouraged to be kind and to take advantage of the many learning opportunities that are available each day. Students are supported in becoming self-directed learners, creative thinkers, effective communicators, collaborative workers, and lifelong learners.
At Meiners Oaks, the teachers, staff and I recognize that the strength of our school comes from the strong partnership with our school families. The most important teachers in a child's life are his or her parent(s). As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s school success. We ask that you help support your child’s learning by:
- Having your child arrive at school on time and attending school regularly
- Encouraging your child to show positive school behavior
- Reviewing your child’s homework
- Attending parent-teacher conferences, Back to School Night, special events and, when appropriate, participating in decisions relating to your child’s education
- Volunteering, as time and schedules permit, in your child’s classroom and school
- Communicating with your child’s teacher if a question or concern arises
The Meiners Oaks faculty is committed to ensuring that all students receive an exemplary and balanced education, fostering a life-long passion for learning and engagement. We provide high-quality curriculum and learning materials, assist parents in understanding academic achievement standards and assessments, as well as how to monitor a child’s progress.
I am delighted to share this year with you!
Theresa Dutter, Principal
Meiners Oaks School
GO MOUNTAIN LIONS!