|Hello Ojai Unified Families,|
On Friday, August 28th we finished Orientation Week, where we worked with our students on becoming comfortable in Zoom classes, how to use Canvas, and provided "Getting To Know You" activities. Monday, August 31st, we will begin the first full week of Distance Learning, and we have a few reminders for you to make this is a successful week.
1. If you are experiencing any technical issues, please let us know by filling out our HELP form here. A technician will respond as soon as possible.
We distributed hotspots last week and will continue to do so this week. If you need assistance with internet access, please fill out the HELP form and we will reach out to schedule a time for you to pick up a hotspot.
2. If you haven't created a Parent Observer Account for your Student's Canvas account, or if you have additional questions about Canvas, ParentSquare or Parent Connect, please visit our Parent Support page here. If you need technical assistance, please fill out our HELP form and we will reach out to you.
3. Full Distance Learning schedules are different from Orientation Week schedules. You can review our Full Distance Learning daily schedules for each school site below:
4. Meals, including plant-based options, will be available for pickup this week on Monday and Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at all elementary sites and Nordhoff High School.
- Elementary English Spanish
- Matilija English Spanish
- Nordhoff English Spanish
- Chaparral and Summit students have individualized schedules. If you haven't met with your Principal to review your schedule, please reach out to your site for more information.
5. ABC Club for TK/K/1 students will begin tomorrow on all elementary campuses for students who have completed the registration. We are continuing to wait on approval of our application for childcare for other grades.
This year is a true learning opportunity for us all. It isn't what we expected or would have chosen, but it is an opportunity for each of us to practice our adaptation and problem-solving skills. Thank you for partnering with us on this new journey.
Dr. Tiffany Morse, Superintendent